- News Archives
JOIN DEMA AT BENEATH THE SEA ON SUNDAY, MARCH 25TH AT 10:00 A.M. AND SEE THE FUTURE OF THE DIVING INDUSTRY
First 2020 Vision Session of 2012 Will Be Moderated by Tom Ingram, DEMA Executive Director
In 2011 DEMA met with industry professionals from around the world to brainstorm about the future of the diving industry. From these brainstorming sessions key action items were determined as outlined below. In 2012 DEMA is now asking for the industry's ideas on how we can implement these items:
- Sell the "Diving Lifestyle" along with dive travel
- Support & develop professional retailers and their staff
- Create various benefits for retailers, including health insurance and other benefits
- Adapt to new media and use social media
- Make dive travel easier
- Put the "edge" back in diving - make it more exciting
- Promote to a younger audience
- Create a positive first experience for divers
- Provide a local purpose to dive after certification (Promote and use "Local diving").
We invite you to join the discussion as we delve deeper into these topics and how the diving industry can accomplish these ideas.
- When? Sunday, March 23, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Where? 2nd Floor Conference Room at Beneath the Sea
- Who? All dive industry professionals are welcome
- How? Please register in advance as seating will be limited
All professional members of the diving industry are welcome and should come prepared to brainstorm, prioritize their ideas and help provide a new direction for the industry. All positive ideas are welcome! YOUR ideas will be used by the DEMA Board of Directors to facilitate the change in the industry we all want.