Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Become a DEMA Member
What data would help your business grow?
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

6/23/2014 at 9:51:07 PM GMT
What data would help your business grow?
DEMA is constantly working on Industry research to provide its Members with the most current market data possible. What information would you find helpful for your business?

** PLEASE NOTE: You MUST be signed in for comment box to appear below. **
CLICK HERE TO SIGN IN & COMMENT NOW!

Last edited Monday, June 23, 2014
1/27/2015 at 11:38:10 PM GMT
My business is just now in the formation stages and I have been working hard to compile some sort of data around the total number of participants in the sport worldwide. In today's ever smaller world a company has the opportunity for global reach and to maximize that opportunity they need to move quickly-but where to focus the effort and hard resources.
I would really like to see a chart that breaks out certifications for all participating agencies in all geographic areas of the world. I would then like to be able to drill that data down to a top line demographic look by percentages. A minimum of ten years of certification data would be fantastic. I am especially interested in the ACTIVE to EXTREMELY ACTIVE members of the scuba diving community at large.
What little scraps I have been able to find on my own with search engines has been pathetic and the data ranges show a huge fluctuation due to the way the numbers are estimated. I believe there is upside potential for the SCUBA industry but we need to know more about who the customers could be and where they are located across the globe.

If anyone out there has any insight that is documented and that they will share please send it to me directly at :
DBDEnterprisesllc@gmail.com

1/27/2015 at 11:38:15 PM GMT
My business is just now in the formation stages and I have been working hard to compile some sort of data around the total number of participants in the sport worldwide. In today's ever smaller world a company has the opportunity for global reach and to maximize that opportunity they need to move quickly-but where to focus the effort and hard resources.
I would really like to see a chart that breaks out certifications for all participating agencies in all geographic areas of the world. I would then like to be able to drill that data down to a top line demographic look by percentages. A minimum of ten years of certification data would be fantastic. I am especially interested in the ACTIVE to EXTREMELY ACTIVE members of the scuba diving community at large.
What little scraps I have been able to find on my own with search engines has been pathetic and the data ranges show a huge fluctuation due to the way the numbers are estimated. I believe there is upside potential for the SCUBA industry but we need to know more about who the customers could be and where they are located across the globe.

If anyone out there has any insight that is documented and that they will share please send it to me directly at :
DBDEnterprisesllc@gmail.com

5/12/2015 at 5:15:12 PM GMT
We have an extensive list of research reports and valuable industry lists available here: https://dema.site-ym.com/?page=548. In particular, you may find the Quarterly Certification Census helpful with the information you are trying to obtain.

And don't forget that as a DEMA Member, you can log in and access our detailed Research Reports for FREE: https://dema.site-ym.com/store/ListProducts.aspx?catid=398241

DEMA, The Diving Equipment & Marketing Association | US Toll Free: (800) 862-3483 | Ph: (858) 616-6408 | Fx: (858) 616-6495 | info@dema.org