DEMA Introduces New Industry Recognition Award, the Wave Makers Award
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
** Finalists and 2017 Recipient to be Honored at 2017 DEMA Awards Party in Orlando, FL **
DEMA has announced it will recognize new professionals in the diving industry who are employed by (or own) a DEMA-Member business at the 2017 DEMA Awards Party! This new award aims to recognize professionals who have been working in the industry for 60 months or less and have made a significant contribution to the industry during that time. The DEMA Board of Directors recognizes that the best approach to generating creativity, continued participation with DEMA and sustained engagement with the association and industry by new professionals is to create a culture that supports that creativity and celebrates innovative thinking. The Wave Makers Award seeks to help foster that culture. Nominations for the 2017 Wave Makers Award will be accepted until September 6, 2017 with the four finalists and 2017 honoree being announced at the 2017 DEMA Awards Party.
Wave Makers are employees or owners of DEMA-Member businesses who have been involved as a professional for 60 months or less and who should be recognized for their contributions to the industry, a dive business and DEMA! A complete overview of the criteria to qualify can be found here. Member professionals who have been active with DEMA by attending DEMA Show, serving on a committee or task force, or volunteering for the Go Dive Now Pool, or other activities related to DEMA, can qualify.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION in any of the following categories: Contribution to DEMA’s Mission, Providing Business or Community Service, or Contributing to Dive Industry Growth.
The Wave Makers selection process for 2017 will be as follows:
- DEMA Members nominate a potential honoree, using the established criteria.
- The Awards Committee reviews these nominees, narrowing the field to the top four candidates.
- The top four are notified and asked to create a one-minute video about what they envision for the future of the association and/or the diving industry.
- The videos are then placed on social media, and DEMA asks members to view them prior to DEMA Show, and vote on DEMA.org for the Wave Makers winner for 2017.
- Only DEMA Members can vote, as a log-in to the DEMA website and Member-only voting page will be required.
- The top four candidates and a guest are invited to attend the DEMA Awards Party at DEMA Show 2017.
- Each of the top four self-made videos would be played during the announcements. The winner will be announced at the Awards celebration.
Nominations are open now until September 6! Four finalists and the new professional chosen as the first of the Wave Makers will be honored at the DEMA Awards Party being held on Friday, November 3, 2017 in Orlando, Florida at the Rosen Centre Hotel Executive Ballroom. Complete DEMA Awards Party details and tickets are available on the DEMA Show website.