- News Archives
2012 DEMA Board of Directors Election Slate Announced
DEMA Member Write-In Petitions Must Be Submitted by October 15, 2011
DEMA has announced that its 2012 Board of Directors election will take place from December 15, 2011 to February 3, 2012. All 2012 DEMA Members are eligible to vote. DEMA's 2012 Board of Directors Election candidates are:
Category A1 – Manufacturers, Distributors and Affiliated Field/Sales Representatives:
- Stephen Ashmore, Tabata USA (TUSA)
DEMA's Board of Directors
determines the Association's annual programs and initiatives. Their input and ideas are what guide the association and determine the efforts of the DEMA staff
- Richard Hill, Catalina Cylinders
- Kalen Pascal, Princeton Tec
Category A2 – Diver Certification and Training Agencies, and Affiliated Field/Sales Representatives:
- Jeff Nadler, PADI Americas
Category A3 – Dive Publishing, Media, Dive Industry Consulting, Associations & Non-Retail Service Providers:
- William Cline, Cline Group Advertising
- Ronald Kipp, Caribbean Producer Services
- Christopher Sheckler, Saint Brendan Corporation
Category A4 – Retail Distribution of Diving Goods & Services:
- Sid Stovall, Ascuba Venture
- Darcy Kieran, Total Diving
- Jason Pecknold, Scuba 7
- Nicolle Pratt, Seven Seas Scuba
Category A5 – Dive Travel Provider or Resort:
- Jenny Collister, Reef & Rainforest Worldwide Adventure Travel
- Neal Watson, Neal Watson's Undersea Adventures
Write in nominations for the 2012 Board of Directors election slate are currently being accepted by DEMA and to be valid must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Time on October 15, 2011. There are two options for a write-in candidate to be included on the final election slate:
- The nomination can be proposed by a petition of Members (renewed for 2011) holding two percent (2%) or more of the voting power of the Association; or
- The candidate may be written in by a petition of at least ten (10) A-class Members (renewed for 2011).
- Candidates must be renewed members of DEMA for 2012 by the date of record for this election.
The write-in candidate may choose the petition option that best fits their circumstances. Those primary DEMA Member Voting Delegates interested in becoming a write-in candidate should contact DEMA at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request a write-in petition form.
All DEMA Members who pay their 2012 dues by 5:00 pm Pacific Time on January 15, 2012 will receive a ballot packet including detailed candidate information and will be eligible to vote in this election. DEMA encourages Members to consider each candidate carefully and to vote for the candidate in each category that meets industry needs as perceived by the individual Member. There is neither a requirement in the DEMA Bylaws nor any obligation in the voting procedures which compels DEMA Members to conform to a “voting bloc.” For membership information please contact email@example.com
or (858) 616-6408 x105.
In accordance with the DEMA Bylaws, Directors serve three-year terms. For more information on DEMA's Board of Directors and Bylaws visit www.dema.org