Be A Diver® and Be A Diver.com® Logo and Website Use License Agreement
The following guidelines are provided to assure the proper and consistent use of the Be A Diver® and Be A Diver.com® logos. Organizations and individual users must follow these guidelines when using these logos.
The DEMA.org web site is hereafter referred to as DEMA.org, and the Be A Diver® website is referred to as BeADiver.com®. DEMA-owned logos and website links, including Be A Diver® and BeADiver.com® may only be used when written permission is granted by DEMA through the execution of this Agreement.
Be A Diver® and Be A Diver.com® are registered marks of the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA). All references to Be A Diver® logos refer to both Be A Diver® and Be A Diver.com® logos.
Registration and Permission
Only DEMA members are permitted to download and use Be A Diver® logos. Before using the Be A Diver® logos or linking to the website, users must agree to comply with these guidelines, in consideration of their continuing status as a DEMA member in good standing. Prior to use, DEMA requests the following registration data: name, organization, e-mail address, and intended use of the logo, e.g.: planned use in print, multimedia/video or on a web site. The Be A Diver and Be A Diver.com logos may not be used in the production of apparel, caps or items used in a similar manner. The Be A Diver and Be A Diver.com logos may only be used by DEMA members in print or Internet ads to promote and supplement their own promotions, on DEMA member web sites to supplement their own promotions, and other materials with explicit written permission from DEMA.
Be A Diver® Logo Usage Guidelines
Organizations agree to comply with the guidelines before using any the Be A Diver® logos listed herein. The following general guidelines apply to all Be A Diver® logos:
- The logos may not be altered or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The logos will be used as stand-alone graphical elements; the logos will not be part of or be combined with any other design element or logo. No text or graphical design element may be placed within or directly adjacent to the logo. Lines or rules may not intersect the logo so as to appear to be part of the logo itself.
- DEMA logos may be modified in size, if the X and Y-axis proportions of the logos are unaltered to prevent identity distortion. The logo may be resized, but the proportions must be maintained. For legibility purposes, the logo will not be reproduced smaller than one inch wide by one-half inch in height on printed pieces.
- DEMA logos may only appear using one of the approved color schemes.
- A minimum amount of clear space will surround any DEMA or Be A Diver logo, separating it from other elements such as text, to ensure that the other elements do not appear to be part of the logo. The clear space should be one-quarter inch on the bottom as well as both sides. The top clear space should be one-eighth inch. To measure the bottom clear space, start at the baseline of the logo and allow one-quarter inch of clear space before adding any other design elements. If the logo is placed on a similarly colored background, it is acceptable to use an outline around the logo for contrast.
- Watermarks of the logos are allowed, provided the usage complies with this Logo License Agreement. The phrase "Be A Diver®” may also be used as a watermark..
- Neither the Be A Diver® logo nor the respective name may be used in any manner that would imply the endorsement of a dive center, an organization, its products or its services.
- When using the Be A Diver® logo to illustrate a relationship with DEMA, the organization will clearly indicate that the representation of the relationship is solely the responsibility of the organization, not DEMA. The organization will also clearly state the type of relationship it has with DEMA.
- The use of Be A Diver® in a product name is strictly prohibited.
- The use of Be A Diver or Be A Diver.com® on apparel, including caps and other garments is strictly prohibited.
- DEMA-affiliated organizations are responsible for their own use of the Be A Diver® logo as well as use by representatives from advertising agencies and implementation contractors that support the affiliated organization.
- All uses of the Be A Diver® logo are subject to existing copyright, trademark, service mark and other applicable laws. Any action not in accordance with this Logo License Agreement is expressly prohibited.
Website Linking Guidelines
- On websites DEMA will be recognized as the source of the Be A Diver® logos, web page content and other data copied or used from any DEMA website. Users of these logos must identify listed logos as coming from DEMA in the following format: "Source: Diving Equipment and Marketing Association," and identify the specific logo as follows: Be A Diver® logo as a registered trademark of The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association or Be A Diver® logo as a registered trademark of DEMA
- Unless otherwise noted, all occurrences of any Be A Diver® logo on a web site will link to the Be A Diver.com® home page.
- Websites may only be linked when positively promoting the benefit of Be A Diver® programs listed on the Be A Diver.com® web pages. Under no circumstances can a web link or logo be used in a manner disparaging to the DEMA organization or to the Be A Diver® program.
- Where feasible, organizations will link to any of the Be A Diver.com® website through a hypertext link.
- When linking to the Be A Diver.com® website using a hypertext link, the link must contain the appropriate name of the website: e.g.:"BeADiver.com"
- When linking to the Be A Diver.com® website, a new browser session must be initiated.
- No method will be used to prevent users from freely using the functionality of any the Be A Diver.com® website, nor will any attempt be made to prevent users from book marking the Be A Diver.com® website.
- The originating website will not use frames, redirections or other web applications that intentionally or unintentionally cause users to misinterpret Be A Diver® content as being created and/or published by anyone other than DEMA.
- All products available for download from any DEMA website are provided "as is," without a warranty of any kind.
- DEMA®, Be A Diver® and Be A Diver.com® logos may be displayed only on web pages that make accurate references
- DEMA and Be A Diver® logos may not appear larger or more prominent than your own name, company name, service name, product name, or trademark on any materials.
Organizations Authorized to Use DEMA Logos and Website Links
- Only organizations that are current members of DEMA may use the Be A Diver® logo and website links
The Be A Diver® logo may be used on promotional materials such as displays and sales materials. However, the mark should not be used to denote or imply a DEMA partnership or endorsement of an organization and its products or services.
Agreements & Conditions
This Logo and Website Use Licensing Agreement in no way limits other agreements between users and DEMA. In the case of conflict between sections of this Agreement and sections of other agreements, discretion is to be used to determine which sections of an agreement supersede the other.
All express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, are hereby excluded.
DEMA is not liable for any damages suffered by other parties as a result of using, modifying or distributing DEMA-developed content or its derivatives. In no event will DEMA be liable for any lost revenue, profit or data, or for direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages or attorneys' fees, however caused and regardless of the theory of liability, arising out of the use of or inability to use DEMA-developed content, even if DEMA has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The user shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify DEMA from any and all such liability and/or damages.
This Logo and Website Use Licensing Agreement is subject to change by DEMA without notification. Only the most recent Logo and Website Use Licensing Agreement is valid and resides on DEMA.org. It is the user's responsibility to remain aware of any changes to this Agreement.
All decisions regarding compliance with the guidelines set forth herein shall be made in DEMA's sole discretion, and DEMA's decision shall be final.