DEMA is the trade association for the international scuba diving industry. With more than 1,400 Member business members, DEMA's mission is bringing businesses together to grow the Diving Industry worldwide
- Build a community among DEMA members with a culture and environment that will produce valued relationships.
- Create worthwhile opportunities for DEMA members to share and exchange information and knowledge.
- Provide learning opportunities that are responsive to DEMA member needs and relevant to the changing dynamics of the Diving Industry.
- Be on the forefront of addressing the legislative and regulatory initiatives that affect the Recreational Diving Industry.
- Engagement: To provide a community culture in the Diving Industry through personal interaction.
- Industry Practices: To model and foster an inclusive culture in the Diving Industry, sharing useful and successful practices originating from DEMA members and the Industry.
- Innovation: The process of creating and delivering new value for DEMA members.
- Education: Through a culture of engagement, provide relevant professional development along the continuum of careers and activities within the diving community.
- Resources: To serve as a resource for the Diving Industry including;
- Sharing useful and successful business and management practices
- Appropriate Standards
- Creating opportunities for the DEMA community to advance personally and professionally through collaboration
- Produce an annual trade event for the industry which serves the needs of its stakeholders and produces a successful financial outcome for the association
- Engage in marketing programs which promote non-commercial diving of all kinds, create new customers, drive consumers into retail stores and resorts, and promote customer retention
- Dedicate resources to preventing potential legislation which could adversely affect the industry
Engage in marketing research programs which will:
- Define the universe of divers
- Determine the rate of erosion among existing divers
- Determine the number of entry level scuba certifications which take place in the United States and Caribbean each year.
- Seek opportunities to obtain global data on diver certification and participation.
- Provide retail operational data.
- Engage in activities which promote the health of aquatic resources while protecting diver access to those resources.
For more information on DEMA and affiliated programs contact (800) 862-DIVE (3483) or (858) 616-6408 or email@example.com. A copy of DEMA's current Bylaws can be found here.
Stay updated by following “DEMAOrg” on Facebook and Twitter.